For the health of you and our employees, we’ve put some additional measures in place to make sure your moving experience stays as safe and clean as possible:
- We have asked all of our employees to adhere to CDC guidelines.
- We are following social distancing orders as our office staff is working from home, and we have implemented staggered start times for moving crews.
- We have provided all movers with gloves and face masks.
- We have recommended our team members wash their hands regularly and wear protective gear like masks and gloves when it does not impede their safety when working.
- In addition to the trucks, all equipment inside is being sanitized, including hand trucks, dollies etc.
- Crews of movers have been assigned to each other along with their equipment as much as possible to minimize contact.
- Each team member is required to verify each morning they are free of any illness symptoms.
- We have limited our contact between office staff and workers on the truck to limit the risk of cross-contamination.
- We are also checking in with our customers with a day prior confirmation call to check on the health status of everyone in the home we are set to relocate.
- We have instructed our movers not to shake hands and keep with social distancing rules.
We ask our customers to do the following:
- Do not hesitate to cancel/reschedule your service if you or someone in your household feels unwell.
- We ask our customers to minimize traffic in their house on the day of the move. Meaning no friends or visitors, only the family being relocated. Ideally, we’d like to limit the number of people on the site and suggest only one person there to oversee the move if possible.
- Open all windows and doors to increase ventilation.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this time. It takes a combined effort to provide a safe working environment for you and our hard-working team. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Thank you for your business!