How to Safely Pack Dishes for Moving or Storage
- Dishes are fragile, so padding the bottom of the box with bubble wrap or packing paper is essential.
- Cups should be placed standing face down, with the bottom of the glass facing up.
- Items like plates should never be stacked on top of each other. Pack them upright, like you would when you load a dishwasher.
- Every dish item should be individually wrapped with additional padding between every dish.
- If there is room for the dishes to rattle and shake, the chance of broken glasses is much higher. Pack them snugly.
- Cups can be stacked on top of each other but there always needs to be a layer of padding between them.
- It is better to use multiple smaller boxes instead of one or two very large boxes for heavy items like dishes.